6 Reduce child mortality
Where are we?
Goal is achieved.
Under-five mortality rate was 12.9 per thousand live births in 1993 and declined to 10 per thousand in 2008 recording an annual rate of decline of 1.7 per cent for Kuwait. It needs to be noted that the already high level of achievement recorded suggests that the desired value of the indicator can be fully achieved. Moreover, the target of complete immunization coverage has already been achieved ahead of the time horizon of 2015.
The 8 Millennium Development Goals
- 1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
- 2 Achieve universal primary education
- 3 Promote gender equality and empower women
- 4 Reduce child mortality
- 5 Improve maternal health
- 6 Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- 7 Ensure environmental sustainability
- 8 Develop a global partnership for development
Targets for MDG4
- Reduce by two thirds the mortality rate among children under five
- Under-five mortality rate
- Infant mortality rate
- Proportion of 1 year-old children immunised against measles