Improving Municipal Services
The Kuwait Municipality is the government entity responsible for the planning and monitoring of many of the urban development activities of Kuwait as indicated in the national development plan 2009-2013. Performance has lately been less than acceptable, and the Municipality is now working on simplifying and streamlining its administrative procedures, reviewing its service delivery processes, automating its workflows and improving its organizational capacity. Decision support functions are established, setting performance monitoring processes and developing baselines for urban development evaluation according to UN HABITAT global standards and linking them to the global urban observatory.
UNDP will support the activities required to achieve the project outputs as outlined in the project document. This project compliments the ‘Capacity Support to Civil Service Commission’ project since they both deal with the Public Administration in Kuwait, both within the municipality and other entities.
- Improved legal and institutional frameworks to facilitate
- National capacity of e-governance built
- Administrative procedures and systems simplified and
The following are the newly identified outputs by UNDP and the
- Output 3: Model-branch pilot established within Kuwait
- Output 4: Communication Strategy for Kuwait Municipality
- Output 5: Initial setup of Kuwait Municipality Urban Observatory
|Government Of Kuwait||USD 2,674,910|