UNDP, KRCS, and KNPC Conduct first workshop under the Fostering Youth Resiliency projectDec 16, 2012
KUWAIT CITY, 16 December - UNDP Kuwait, along with Kuwait Red Crescent Society (KRCS) and Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC), has embarked on implementing the ‘Fostering Youth Resiliency’ project that aims to end violence amongst youth by conducting a series of workshops, life skills, trainings, and participatory activities in local schools, youth sports centers and communities.
As the first milestone to this project, UNDP Kuwait, along with its partners, is conducting the first workshop of its kind, named ‘Basics of Youth Resilience: The Evidence Based approach to Change Violent and Risk Behavior ‘.
It is the first of a series of workshops that aims to train 30 Kuwaiti volunteers the necessary life skills to become mentors for troubled youth. This informative workshop will take place at the UN House in Mishref starting today December 16th for a total of 5 days.
The objectives of the workshop are as follows:
- To provide participants with the basic knowledge and information about the scientifically proven effective approaches in changing violent and risk behavior.
- To provide participants with the basics and applications of various forms of youth resilience.
- To design and put forward plans to implement youth resilience projects on the ground to change violent and risk behavior.
- To develop the leadership, initiative and unleash the participants creative potentials in youth resilience.
- To network and encourage bonding between participants towards a proactive group in the field of voluntary work to change violent behavior among young people in Kuwait.