The project aims to support implementation of Kuwait’s sports development plan, as outlined in and aligned with the Kuwait National Development Plan (KNDP), towards achieving PAS’s mandate to Raise public awareness through media campaigns to encourage greater participation in sports; Initiate programs that encourage increased youth engagement; increase the number of sports facilities; increase national participation in Olympic championships, and Sponsor National Olympic athletes and teams
UNDP supports this flagship project that will help the public of Kuwait live a healthy lifestyle, and increase participation in sports in the country, through the following:
- Restructuring and strengthening PAS’s institutional capacities to be more effective in its strategies and programs, particularly in the areas of IT and Asset Management; and
- Improving the planning and execution of a ‘Sports for All’ unit by developing the necessary strategies and action plans as aligned with the compatible Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and developing their communication and outreach strategies, including diversified offerings to the public.
- Development of a ‘Sports for All’ strategy and action plan
- Development of PAS Events Calendar and implementation plan
- Establishment of a Volunteers framework and knowledge centre framework
- Creation of a new organization chart complete with job descriptions for the institution
- Completed assessment of institute needs, plan for capacity development created.
- Asset management with software mockup, standards and methods.
- Online survey and communication models developed
- Diagnoses and development of new agreements
- Identification of best practices for mass participation events
- IT governance framework and enterprise architecture set in place